Cooking for the family might seem simple to some people. However, in reality, it is anything but easy. Every day, some of us always have to “squeeze our brains” to think about what to eat and innovate our meals. Understanding those concerns, bTaskee has prepared a special gift as your companion. Check out these 4 unique homemade dishes recipes!
As usual, the family meal that bTaskee recommends today will be made from simple but familiar ingredients, super easy to get from your local markets. Our menu for today:
- Goby Fish cooked with fish sauce in a bowl.
- Banana Flower and Pig Ear Salad
- Vegetables Soup with Pork Meatballs
- Dessert: Homemade Watermelon Jelly
Goby Fish cooked with fish sauce in a bowl – A unique homemade dish
|1||Goby Fish||500 gram|
|2||Onion, Chili pepper, Green onions, Garlic||Based on your preference|
|3||Fish sauce, salt, sugar, cooking oil||3 tablespoons each|
|4||Black pepper||Based on your preference|
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients.
- Buy the goby fish and put them in a bowl of water for freshness. After that, add lemon juice and some salt, soak them for about 15 minutes then take them out to clean the fish slime thoroughly.
- When the fish is clean of slime, use scissors to cut the scales, fins and tails. You can remove the intestines or not based on your preference.
Step 2: Cook the fish pot
- Marinate the fish with a little fish sauce, pepper, and other seasonings for about 30 minutes.
- While waiting for the fish to absorb the seasonings, peel the purple onions and garlic, then wash and mince them smoothly. Wash the chili peppers and slide them into little thin slices.
- Fry the minced onion and garlic until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Next, add 3 tablespoons of sugar into the pan and stir again to melt the sugar until it’s caramelized. Add the marinated fish in and mix well. Remember to stir slightly so that the caramel could coat the fish thoroughly.
- Take the fish out and put them in a clay pot with water, season to your liking, then add minced garlic, onion, and chili pepper flakes.
- Cook with high heat until the pot boils, then turn down the heat and wait until the water is concentrated and become slightly thick. You can now turn off the heat and let it simmer.
Banana Flower and Pig Ear Salad – Fresh & Healthy Snack
|3||Vietnamese Coriander, Basil||Based on your preference|
|4||Toasted peanuts||100 gram|
|5||Garlic, Chili pepper, Lemon||Based on your preference|
|6||Shrimp Crackers||Based on your preference|
|7||Seasonings (salt, pepper, sugar)||Based on your preference|
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients.
- Peel off the rotten part of the banana flower, keep only the fresh parts, slice them into thin strips, soak with salt water for about 30 minutes, so the banana flower doesn’t become brown.
- Clean the pig ears, boil till they are thoroughly cooked, take them out and slice into thin pieces.
- Wash the coriander, basil and dice them into small flakes.
Step 2: Make the salad
- Firstly, make the sauce following the ratio: 20ml of fish sauce, 40gram of sugar, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of minced garlic, chili pepper and MSG.
- Add the banana flower, pig ears, coriander, basil into a bowl. Drizzle the sauce on the mixture and mix well.
- Let the dish rest for 10 minutes to be marinated. Take the salad out and decorate it on a plate. Garnish with some fresh herbs
- Sprinkle crushed peanuts on top and you can enjoy the dish right after that. Out of our unique homemade dishes, this salad might bring a new experience to you thanks to the fun texture and fresh flavors.
Vegetables Soup with Pork Meatballs – Cozy & Warm
Vegetables Soup with Pork Meatballs (Photo: Internet)
|1||Pork Paste||300 gram|
|2||Shiitake Mushrooms||20 mushrooms|
|5||Green peas||50 gam|
|6||Pig or Cow Bones||500 gram|
|7||Shallot, Basil||Based on your preference|
|8||Seasonings (salt, pepper, sugar)||Based on your preference|
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients.
- Rewash the bones to clean them thoroughly and make the broth more flavorful.
- Next, soak the shiitake mushroom in water and then wash them with water.
- Knead the pork paste until it’s smooth and soft. Next, stuff the pork paste balls into the shiitake.
- Peel and wash the carrots, then cut them into bite-sized pieces. Separate the green peas from the pods.
Step 2: Cook the soup
- Add the bones into a pot of water and simmer until soft.
- After the bones have softened, add the carrots, broccoli, and peas to cook for about 5 minutes, then turn off the heat.
- Use another pan, add about 2 tablespoons of cooking oil, wait until the oil is hot, then add minced onion and minced garlic to the pan.
- After turning off the heat, add the onion and minced garlic.
With bTaskee’s recipe, it’s never that hard to make tasty homemade dishes!
Dessert: Unique Homemade Dishes – Watermelon Jelly
|2||Jelly powder||1 pack|
|3||Sugar||Based on your preference|
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients
- First, rinse the watermelon, cut it in half, then use a spoon to remove all the flesh from the inside.
- Use a blender to puree the watermelon filling, then use the sieve several times to remove the residue.
Step 2: Make the Jelly
- Take a pot of water, add the jelly powder, sugar and stir until they melt completely, then put on the stove until it’s boiling.
- Note: during this process, stir regularly to prevent the powder from coagulating at the bottom of the pot.
- When the pot is boiling, add the filtered watermelon juice and cook until the water is boiling again, turn off the heat and take the pot to the table.
- Next, pour the jelly into the watermelon, wait for it to chill, then put it in the refrigerator for about 2 hours. After the jelly is stable, take it out and cut open it like a regular watermelon.
With today’s menu that bTaskee has recommended, you no longer have to worry about “What to eat today?” then. These are traditional dishes that have been innovated throughout the years, a perfect choice of menu for both the elder and the kids! Watermelon jelly is an exciting food innovation for your family these days. Above all, such unique homemade dishes are easy to make but still tasty and nutritious. Let’s head to the kitchen right now then!
Cooking might be your thing, but if it’s about going grocery shopping at the market, let bTaskee lend you a hand! Therefore, with the current complicated epidemic situation, bTaskee hopes to help you partially reduce the risk of infection when going out to buy things with our Grocery Assistant Service. With this service, Btaskee will provide you with reliable grocery shopping assistants. They will choose quality food at reasonable prices and also deliver to your home following the safety procedures.
Book a service schedule with bTaskee on our bTaskee App right now!
Visit the website https://www.btaskee.com/en/grocery-assistant/ to know more about our housework and utility service!