Missing the cold atmosphere of Dalat after so long? Many people are craving for Dalat cuisine but cannot travel due to the current situation. Even if you have never been there, Dalat food will always have a charming vibe that attracts your appetite naturally. Well then, let’s bring the breezy atmosphere back into your own house with these TOP 4 Dalat Famous Dishes.
bTaskee’s “What to eat today?” is recommending 4 tasty recipes originated from Dalat for you to try right at home! Our menu includes:
- Vietnamese Meatball Sandwich (Banh mi Xiu Mai)
- Dalat Quang Noodle
- Wet rice cake with chicken and tripe (Banh uot long ga)
- Avocado Cream
Vietnamese Meatball Sandwich (Banh mi Xiu Mai) – Dalat Famous Dishes
|1||Minced meat||240 gram|
|2||Pig fat||80 gram|
|3||Cashew Oil||3 spoons|
|6||Garlic, Shallots||Based on your preference|
|7||Green onion||Based on your preference|
|8||Minced black pepper||Based on your preference|
|9||Seasonings (Salt, Sugar, MSG, fish sauce, oyster sauce)||Based on your preference|
|10||Vietnamese Baguette||1 baguette|
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients
- Garlic, shallots: wash with water and mince them.
- Blend the minced meat and pig fat and mince them as well.
- Add a little sugar, salt, broth mix powder, fish sauce, black pepper, shallot, and garlic in a bowl. Combine them to make the seasoning mixture.
- Knead and roll the meat into balls. Then marinate them with the mixture above for 30 minutes,
- Wash and chop the onion into bite-sized pieces.
- Wash the green onions with water and dice them.
Step 2: Cook the meatballs
- Heat the pot and add 3 spoons of oyster sauce in. Then add the onions and stir-fry them.
- Pour the pigskin in and fry until they are crispy. Add enough water and bring it to boil.
- When the water is boiling, add the meatballs in and cook for 5 minutes. Season the sauce and simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Turn off the heat and sprinkle some diced green onions with pepper.
- Put the meatballs in between the baguette and enjoy
Vietnamese Meatball Sandwich (Banh mi Xiu Mai) is a popular food all around Vietnam, but Dalat’s “Banh mi Xiu Mai” has a different feeling to it. You can also add a salted quail egg in the middle of the meatball or a soft-boiled egg to make it more flavorful. Crispy baguette (or sandwich) with tender meatballs and crunchy pigskin doesn’t sound bad at all, right?
By following our recipe, you can replicate this amazing street food dish right at home during the quarantine. Let’s Dalat right now!
Dalat Quang Noodle – Dalat famous dishes
|1||Pork bones||1 kg|
|2||Pork belly||½ kg|
|4||Quang Noodle||1 kg|
|5||Chili, Shallot, Garlic||Based on your preference|
|6||Cashew Oil||3 tablespoons|
|7||Green Onion||Based on your preference|
|8||Seasonings (Salt, Sugar, MSG, fish sauce)||Based on your preference|
|9||Yam bean||1 yam bean|
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients
- Wash the pork bones and chop them into edible pieces. Rinse them with boiling water for about 3 minutes and take them out. Wash again to reduce the stench of blood.
- Peel the yam bean, wash it well and dice into thin strips.
- Garlic, shallot, chili pepper: wash with water and mince them well.
- Pork belly: wash with diluted salt water, cut into bite-sized pieces. Then marinate them with some minced shallot, garlic, chili flakes, pepper, cashew oil, and fish sauce for about 15 minutes.
- Shrimps: clean and remove the heads, rewash them with water.
- Green onions: wash and dice evenly.
Step 2: Make the Quang Noodle
- Boil a pot of water, add the pork bones, yam bean, and cashew oil in. Cook until the yam bean is tender.
- When the bone is cooked, pour the cornstarch liquid in to thicken the soup. Simmer the broth under low heat.
- Heat a saucepan with 2 spoons of cooking oil. Once the oil is hot, add the minced garlic and shallots in. Fry them until golden.
- Next, add the pork belly in and cook till they’re crispy. Then add the shrimps in, stir-fry for 3 minutes, and move them into the broth pot. You can also cook the pork belly in the broth but they would be bland. Continue simmering the soup to thicken the broth.
- Season the soup to your liking and turn off the heat.
- Put the Quang Noodles in a bowl. Add the pork belly, shrimps, freshly chopped green onions, and pour the broth in. The bowl of Quang noodle is now ready to be served!
We usually have Quang Noodle with fresh herbs, vegetables, and Vietnamese Sesame Rice crackers. You can also be creative with soft-boiled eggs, pork rind, or scallion oil to add more flavors. Curious? Get in the kitchen and try them now!
Wet rice cake with chicken tripe (Banh uot long ga) – Dalat Famous Dishes
|1||Chicken tripe||500 gram|
|2||Chicken thigh||300 gram|
|3||Fresh herbs (Coriander, Lettuce…)||Based on your preference|
|4||Bean sprouts||200 gram|
|6||Wet rice cake||1 kg|
|8||Lemon, garlic, chili||Based on your preference|
|9||Ginger||Based on your preference|
|10||Seasonings (Salt, Sugar, MSG, fish sauce)||Based on your preference|
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients
- Wash and dry the chicken meat.
- Clean the chicken tribe thoroughly with salt to get rid of the smell. Then rewash them many times with water.
- Wash the fresh vegetables, bean sprouts, cucumber, onion, ginger, garlic, and chili with water.
- Let the vegetables dry. Slice the cucumber and ginger into thin pieces. Mince the garlic and chili. Chop the onion and soak the slices into an ice bowl to reduce the spiciness.
Step 2: Make the wet rice cake and chicken tripe
- Boil the water, add sliced ginger, and a little bit of salt.
- Add the chicken tripe and thighs in. Cook them well and then take them out to cool.
- Make the dressing according to this ratio: 8 spoons of sugar, 6 spoons of water, 8 spoons of fish sauce, 4 spoons of lemon juice, and minced garlic chili. Add them all into a bowl. Mix well and adjust to your own liking if needed.
- Slice the tripe into thin pieces, shred the chicken.
- Prepare a big bowl and add the chicken tripe, thighs, onions and the diced vegetables in. Pour just enough dressing on top and stir well.
- Place the bean sprouts, cucumber, fresh herbs on a plate, add some wet rice cake as well. Finally, pour the chicken tripe and meat on top. The dish is ready! Simple isn’t it?
Avocado Cream – Dalat Famous Dishes
|2||Condensed Milk||10 spoons|
|4||Roasted peanut||Based on your preference|
|5||Coconut shreds||Based on your preference|
|6||Coconut cream (milk)||4 small jars|
- Use a blender to blend the avocado, condensed milk, fresh milk and ice together. Then keep the cream cold in the freezer. When it’s dessert time, simply scoop some avocado cream into a glass.
- Add coconut ice cream, coconut shreds, and roasted peanuts on top (or you can be creative with the toppings and choose whatever you like). Dalat Avocado Cream is now ready for you to dig in!
Turns out you don’t have to come to Da Lat to enjoy the delicious dishes of Da Lat right? Just through the above simple steps, you will have a Dalat culinary party right at home! Follow these recipes to treat your family and yourself to 4 of Dalat Famous Dishes today.
No time to shop for fresh groceries daily or too tired to go out? Remember that bTaskee’s Grocery Assistant is always here!
Through our Grocery Assistant Service, bTaskers will go shopping for food and groceries at a reasonable cost based on your request. We will also be delivering them to your home in less than an hour.
Book our service right now on the bTaskee application or visit our website at https://www.btaskee.com/en/grocery-assistant/ for more information.