Tired of rice, bread, and currently craving for Pho – also known as the specialty of VietNam? You came just in time for today’s session! bTaskee is recommending 3 fragrant recipes for Tasty Pho Dishes right at home. What’s unique is that they aren’t served with broth. If you’re curious, stay longer and follow our recipes to cook Pho right now!
“Pho” today’s menu:
- Stir-fried Pho with shrimp and meat
- Chicken & Pho Salad
- Vegetarian Sauteed Pho
Let’s get cooking!
Stir-fried Pho with shrimp and meat – Tasty Pho Dishes
|4||Boy Choy||200 gram|
|6||Toasted peanuts||Based on your preference|
|7||Rice noodles||0,5 kg|
|8||Seasonings||Based on your preference|
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients
- Wash the beef and cut it into bite-sized pieces. Marinate the beef with salt and MSG/ broth mix powder for about 15 minutes.
- Peel the shrimp, clean them well and let them dry off.
- Bok Choy: remove the spoiled leaves, wash well, and cut them into small bites. Let them dry off the excess water.
- Onion and shallots: peel the skin, wash carefully with water, and then dice or mince them well.
Step 2: Make the stir-fried Pho
- Slightly cook the rice noodles in boiling water, then take them out to dry.
- Crack the egg into a bowl, add some broth mix powder, pepper, and mix well. Fry the egg and dice the omelet into thin strips.
- Heat the pan with 2 spoons of cooking oil. Once the oil is hot, add minced shallots and fry until they smell nice.
- After that, add the beef in and stir-fry until cooked. Continue to add fresh shrimps, bok choy, and onions in. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Finally, add the rice noodles and fried egg in.
- Mix everything thoroughly. Taste and adjust the flavor to your liking. Don’t forget to turn off the heat!
- Plate the stir-fried pho and sprinkle some toasted peanut on top. The dish is now ready to be enjoyed.
You can also make some broth from the boiled water as well!! Add bones, fresh vegetables, herbs, and some seasonings based on your preference. The broth can also help you eat the stir-fried pho better, healthier.
Chicken & Pho Salad – Tasty Pho Dishes
|1||Rice Noodles||500 gram|
|5||Seasoning||Based on your preference|
|6||Fresh herbs||Based on your preference|
|7||Pickled vegetables||Based on your preference|
|8||Roasted peanuts||Based on your preference|
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients
- Clean the chicken and wash it with water. Let the chicken dry off naturally.
- Wash and mince the shallots as well as the fresh herbs thoroughly.
- Wash the ginger and chop them into thin slices.
Step 2: Make the Chicken & Pho Salad
- Poach the rice noodles slightly and take them out to dry.
- Boil a pot of water and add the ginger slices in. After that, add the chicken in to cook properly, then remove them and shred the chicken meat.
- Mix the cornstarch with some water to dissolve them.
- Make the dressing: heat the pot with 1 spoon of cooking oil. When the oil is hot, add the minced shallots in and fry them until golden. Next, pour 500ml of chicken broth, 30ml of soy sauce, 30ml of oyster sauce, 2 spoons of sugar, the cornstarch liquid, 1 spoon of chili sauce in. Simmer for another 2 minutes and season again to your liking. Turn off the heat and mix everything together.
- Finally, put the rice noodles into a bowl, add shredded chicken, fresh herbs, pickled vegetables and pour the dressing on top. Sprinkle some crushed or roasted peanuts to complete the dish.
This dish is basically a sweet & sour chicken salad with rice noodles as a topping. You can experience the chewy texture of “pho” while tasting the fragrant flavor of fresh-picked vegetables, the crunchy feeling of roasted peanuts, the tenderness of shredded chicken, and more.
Chicken & Pho Salad is low in calories and rich in nutritions – a perfect choice to improve and protect your family’s health.
Vegetarian Sauteed Pho – Tasty Pho Dishes
Lastly, bTaskee also prepares a Vegetarian recipe for everyone to enjoy this amazing part of Vietnamese cuisine. Let’s prepare the ingredients!
|1||Rice noodles||500 gram|
|3||Bok Choy||100 gram|
|4||Shiitake Mushroom||50 gram|
|6||Chili pepper||1 chili|
|7||Fried tofu||2 pieces|
|8||Tamarind juice||3 spoons|
|10||Cashew Oil||2 spoons|
|11||Chili sauce||2 spoons|
|12||Seasoning||Based on your preference|
|13||Soy sauce||1 spoon|
|15||Roasted Peanuts||Based on your preference|
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients
- Peel the carrot, dice into strips or shape them into flowers.
- Bok choy, cabbage: wash with water, cut into 5cm pieces, and let them dry.
- Soak the shiitake mushroom until it gets bigger. Next, rewash them and slice them into thin pieces.
- Wash the chili peppers well. Remove the core, the seeds, and then cut it into thin strips.
- Wash the shallots with water and mince it.
- Cut the fried tofu into bite-sized pieces.
Step 2: Make the vegetarian sauteed pho
- Boil the rice noodles slightly and then take them out to dry.
- Saute the vegetables with a little bit of soy sauce until they are cooked.
- Make the sauce: heat the pan with 2 spoons of cooking oil and stir-fry the shallots. After that, add 3 spoons of tamarind juice, 3 spoons of sugar, 2 spoons of cashew oil, 2 spoons of chili sauce, and 1 spoon of soy sauce in the pan. Simmer them and mix everything together until the sauce smells and tastes nice. Turn off the heat and add the rice noodles in. Stir them evenly.
- Put the sauteed pho on a plate with vegetables, sprinkle some crushed peanuts, and everything’s ready to enjoy.
You can cook this frequently on Vegetarian days. The taste is somewhat similar to Pad Thai, so it would be easy for the whole family to eat.
More recipes needed? Simply visit our blog for new recommendations every day on “What to eat today?” and cook accordingly.
With these special non-broth recipes “pho” a cold rainy day, rest assured that your appetite will be satisfied completely. Change the boring schedule every once in a while, so that each meal becomes exciting and attractive! Make tasty pho dishes today!
Can’t go to the market because you’re busy? bTaskee got your back!
Through our Grocery Assistant Service, bTaskers will go shopping for food and groceries at a reasonable cost based on your request. We will also be delivering them to your home in less than an hour. Find out about bTaskee Grocery Assistant service right now at https://www.btaskee.com/en/grocery-assistant/
Book your order now on our bTaskee app to get your grocery shopping done in time and receive exclusive benefits!